1. Affiliate Marketing. One of the most popular methods especially for anyone who is new to internet marketing, this is a simple form of making money as you do not need to create your own product, and there are thousands of affiliate programs available online.
All that is really required of you once you join an affiliate program is to promote the program and you will be paid a commission every time someone buys the product through your link. When you join an affiliate company you will be given a personal link or ID which gets added to any promoting that you do. Your affiliate ID or link will appear any time a sale is made through your advertising and you will earn a commission.
2. Network marketing. Network marketing or MLM as it is often called is a business that can be done both online and offline and has been around for many years. This type of business is twofold in that it involves both the selling of products and sponsoring people in to the business and building a down-line of network marketers from whom you will earn a residual income as they build their businesses by duplicating your efforts.
Having a website that you can send prospects to when you first meet them is an extremely powerful method of reinforcing your original sales pitch.
3. Niche marketing. If you have a subject or hobby that you are passionate about then setting up a website that is directed toward your passion is an excellent way to make money doing something that you love. It is not difficult to research if the niche you are keen on is lucrative or not. If it is, then it should be relatively easy to find products that you can sell on your website where you can also write articles with information connected to your subject and if you know what you are talking about people will want to visit your site and purchase what you have to offer.
4. Direct retailing. If you own a bricks and mortar business already or if you make a product and would like to expand and sell on the internet then you can either build a website of your own on which to sell your products or you can offer them for sale on auction websites. This is one of the easiest methods of generating sales. There is a downside to consider with this type of business and that is that you are responsible for the packaging and shipping of your products to the customers, but if you do not mind doing these chores then it is an excellent method to use for an internet based business.
5. Membership sites. This is an exceptionally popular method of generating income at the moment and there is an enormous market on the web if you have specialized knowledge of any kind that you can utilize with a membership site. Basically a membership site makes money through people signing up with a monthly subscription so that they can access the information that you offer where as a specialist in your subject you are able to mentor them.
In order for this method to work you will have to be able to offer really good quality content if you want your subscribers to remain loyal and keep following you.
These are just 5 different ways to make money with an online based business and there are plenty more opportunities online for anyone with a desire to succeed. Provided you are willing to learn what is required with which ever methods you choose and you are prepared to put in the necessary work, there is absolutely no reason why you should not be a success and earn a very lucrative income as your own boss working from home and dictating your own hours. That is the greatest feeling of all.